Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Trailhead

I have thought about this for quite some time...a place to put our adventures into words and post a few pictures of the beautiful Missouri back country we head off into a few times a year. I declare this blog officially born.
The backpacking trips started in 2005 with a desire to get back into a hobby I participated in as a Scout. Through Scouts, trails like the Taum Sauk, John J. Audubon, Beaumont Loop, and Philmont became well traveled by our troop, 721. These experiences helped cultivate a deep desire to be self sufficient in the forest and offered me a comfortable place for renewal. Map, knot, fire building, and first aid skills took deep root in me during those early years of my life. After Eagle I jumped ship and hung up the backpack. I focused on everything else...climbing, college, Holiday Decor, marriage, children to name a few, but it was time to get back into the forest. This time I had new eyes...I wanted to be well versed in my skills so I could teach them to my children.
I reached out to a few close friends that shared similar interests and the trips began. Lets first start with the past trips and then plan for the future. jm

1 comment:

  1. Jeff this will be great.
    Its nice to have a place to document the hikes and plan new ones.
    Is a Febuary hike on the horizon?

    ReplyDelete